Friday, December 08, 2006

Sarah

i think i was listening to pearl jam when i wrote this one

There’s one thing we all wish for.
Whether it works or not is another chore.
It starts really early,
And never, never gets old.

Sarah, Sarah
Where have you gone?
No one’s seen you
For so long.
This party inside
Just isn’t the same without you.
We drove for miles,
Just looking for you.

I remember when
I was icky and you had cooties too.
We played tag, kissed
And I gave you the flu.

On a sunny junior high day,
We sat up in a tree,
You looked into my eyes
And I said I like liked you too.

It didn’t take me long
To know that I loved you.
And so together,
We held each other
While sitting under the stars.

I called your house,
And no one picked up the phone.
I drove to you house,
But no one was home.

Then I got a call
From a sobbing old man.
It took me a while
Just to understand.
It was Sarah’s father
“Son, I have some bad news.”

..."she's gone"

No comments: