Monday, January 28, 2008

May 17th

i wrote this one for spencer's 3/4 in A, i just listened to the rough version of the song he had and came up with whatever lyrics came to mind, we never had the chance to use it

On May 17th
I hopped in my car.
Took a trip down to Austin.
And knew that I’d found what I’d been searching for.

When I arrived
A lightning storm struck
A fury of rain fell
Soaking my clothes

I lifted my arms
Smiled and said
“You can’t hold me down.”
“You can’t hold me down.”

It wasn’t long before
An old man who lives in the street
Said to me, “what are you doin’ here?
Take my hand
It’s time I showed you
Something you’ve never seen
in your entire life.”

He took me down
To the old green Guadalupe
And told me to wash them
At the cold waters edge
Until I knew I was new
Until I was new
Oh, Until I was new
Until I was new
(repeat if necessary)

Written for ¾ in A

No comments: