Monday, January 28, 2008

The Sailor's Son

the next series of poems/lyrics were done for my good man Spencer who is a musical genius, lets hope that at some point the lyrics will be used for some art of musical grandeur

Look at all these letters
That you’ve sent to me
Two months then another
Always where you’ve been and
Never where you’ll be

Failed poets and ceaseless dreamers
Sailing the seven seas and dangerous waters
Bring the muse back to my country
Return to me, return to me, oh return to me

Like father and son, like father and son
Keeping from what’ll never be done, never be done

When you’re a sailor’s son
Never forget, everyone’ll take you for granted.
But don’t let that get you down
Cuz you’re stronger than the rest
And fight harder than the best
For all you’ve ever wanted.

No comments: